CSS1 box/float/clear tests
All tests below are simple HTML 4.0 "strict" documents styled with Level 1 CSS only. Please see the reference rendering, (GIF) then compare your UA's interpretation against the tests linked below. The renderings should match to the pixel, except in the case of form "widgets" and font details.
- Current tests
- Reference - incorporates late feedback, introduces some widths specified in percentages. Corrects font-size error in reference rendering; breaks "barmaids" into "bar maids".
- Double - identical to the "reference" version, except the font size given on the root element is double (20px instead of 10px). The rendered result should be a 200% magnification of the reference rendering.
- Retired/alternate versions
- Half - identical to the "reference" version, except the font size given on the root element is half (5px instead of 10px). The rendered result should be 50% the size of the reference rendering. Note: some errors may (legitimately) result from interpolation. If an agent passes the "reference" tests, but not this one, that's probably OK.
- Dumbed-down markup version (replaces most elements with the generic
DIV - may be helpful for implementors trying to isolate the effects of legacy hard-coded rendering info on semantically richer elements)
- The can't-quite-manage version (Retired due to known inaccuracies - exempts the root element from the render tree; treats
BODY element's box as a special case)
- XML/HTML5-ready UA (Retired due to known inaccuracies - tests inheritance from the root element, and box properties on all children)
Please report any errors you find between the CSS and the reference rendering. Please do not report whether or not your browser renders the tests correctly or not; most don't. DO NOT SEND ME SCREEN SHOTS. I HAVE PLENTY, THANKS.